Some parents have requested weekly learning plans, so please find these below. These will contain daily lessons for Maths and English and a weekly activity for other subjects. These do not have to be followed, but they are there for you to use if you find them useful. We understand that this is a very difficult time and only want you to do what is best for you and your children :)
If you need any help with work or would like to send me any work for me to comment on as motivation for your children you can email me or Miss Goh.
I would like to carry on sending out a year 2 newsletters to help us all keep connected, and I need your help. I would like the children to write/type about what they have been doing and they could even include a picture. I will put the newsletter together every Friday so please send me your entries before 12pm on Friday ( I will try to include as much as I can).
2W - Miss Whitehead and Miss Moxham
Welcome to 2W's class page. Our teacher is Miss Whitehead and our learning support assistants are Mrs Fitch and Mrs Smith. On Tuesday mornings we are taught by Coach Antony and Mrs Temple.
Whilst your child is learning from home there are lots of things you can do. It might be a good idea to sit down with your child and agree a time table so they maintain some structure and know when they will get free time.
Include short sessions of maths and English ( 30- 45mins). You could also include: some family time, focused internet time ( using bug club, TTRockstars and other educational games), outdoor learning, cooking, reading time, crafts, colouring or PE. Do how ever much you can manage and don't put too much pressure on sitting down and completing worksheets. Play games, make it engaging and have some fun.
Please feel free to contact us through the school admin email if you have any questions regarding the children's learning.
Twinkl has lots of free resources for you to access to support your children's learning while they are self-isolating. They are offering a 1 month free trial.
Step 1: Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
Step 2: Create an account and enter the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
In the search bar you can search for 'school closure' which will bring up more resources.
MATHS TOPICS YOU COULD COVER
• add and subtract any 2 two-digit numbers using an efficient strategy, add 3 one digit numbers
• recall all number bonds to and within 10 and use these to reason with and calculate bonds to and within 20, recognising other associated additive relationships (e.g. If 7 + 3 = 10, then 17 + 3 = 20; if 7 – 3 = 4, then 17 – 3 = 14; leading to if 14 + 3 = 17, then 3 + 14 = 17, 17 – 14 = 3 and 17 – 3 = 14)
• recall multiplication and division facts for 2, 5 and 10
• identify quarter , third , half , 2 quarters , 3 quarters , of a number or shape, and know that all parts must be equal parts of the whole
• use different coins to make the same amount
• read the time on a clock to the nearest 5 minutes
• name and describe properties of 2-D and 3-D shapes, including number of sides, vertices, edges, faces.
BUG CLUB LOGINS FOR CHILDREN
For children to access a variety of books at home they will need to log in to the Bug Club website activelearnprimary.co.uk
Their username is the first 4 letters of their first name and the first 4 letters of their surname.
School code: qahs
PLEASE E-MAIL THE OFFICE, TO FORWARD THE MESSAGE ON, IF YOU NEED YOUR PASSWORD CHANGED. WE WILL CHANGE ALL NEW PASSWORD TO year2.
Homework will be given out on Thursdays and is due on Tuesdays.
Our PE days are Monday and Tuesday.
Please make sure you have full PE kit in school and earrings have been taken out.